Chambers USA 2019 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan's Top Business Law Firms
The prestigious client and peer review journal Chambers USA has again rated Bodman PLC as one of Michigan’s top business law firms.
In the newly released 2019 edition, Chambers placed Bodman in “band one” (the highest possible rating) for Banking & Finance. Bodman has been the sole Michigan law firm ranked in band one for Banking & Finance for more than a decade.
Chambers also ranked Bodman among Michigan’s top law firms in Corporate/M&A, Commercial Litigation, Real Estate, and Labor & Employment, and recognized the firm for expertise in Employee Benefits and Intellectual Property work.
Chambers ranks individual lawyers based on their legal knowledge and experience, effectiveness, and client service. Bodman attorneys were recognized as leaders in each of the seven practice areas that Chambers evaluates in Michigan, including:
- Banking & Finance: Robert J. Diehl, Jr., Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey, Joseph J. Kochanek, Ralph E. McDowell, Larry R. Shulman, Brian R. Trumbauer, and Wendy L. Zabriskie
- Commercial Litigation: Dennis J. Levasseur and Joseph J. Shannon
- Corporate/M&A: Timothy R. Damschroder, Laurence B. Deitch, and Mark W. Peters
- Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation: David B. Walters
- Intellectual Property: Susan M. Kornfield
- Labor & Employment: John C. Cashen
- Real Estate: Nicholas P. Scavone, Jr. and Andrew Z. Spilkin
The Chambers research process includes extensive interviews with law firm clients and with peers at other law firms as well as a detailed review of recent matters the firm has handled. Individual lawyer rankings are based on an independent assessment of lawyers who best exemplify the qualities most valued by clients, including technical ability, professional conduct, client service, commercial astuteness, and other factors.