Legal Secretary (Float) – Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, emerging companies and venture capital, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and is consistently listed a Top Workplace by the Detroit Free Press. We are seeking a talented individual who is committed to excellence and thrives in an environment of collaboration to join our team.
Job Purpose: Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintains positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff, and observes confidentiality of client matters.
Working with us, you will:
- Transcribe and prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; prepare and file legal documents; handle projects that may be complex in nature; and maintain records and filing system.
- Work closely with administrative support staff (word processing, reprographics, receptionists); proof documents returned from word processing; and ensure that attorney time sheets are provided to appropriate person in a timely manner.
- Maintain and docket court dates and prepare and file legal documents.
- Set up and maintain client and firm files; manage daily mail; request conflict of interest checks; and maintain attorney calendars and reminder systems.
- Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; and observe confidentiality of attorney‐client relationship.
- Work with junior and senior level attorneys with unique practices.
An ideal candidate has:
- 3 ‐ 6 years of legal secretarial experience supporting senior level management, preferably in more than one practice area such as corporate, labor/employment, banking, and litigation.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a level of a minimum of 70 wpm.
- Excellent proof reading abilities for law office correspondence and legal case matters, and the ability to perform non‐complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.