Legal Secretary - Troy Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for an entry-level Legal Secretary to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters.
Working with us, you will:
- Manage processing and opening of new matters.
- Save all new documents and create file inserts and open files for new matters for attorneys or contract support specialists.
- Conflict checks and clearing.
- Supervise time entry (deadlines, suspense time, follow up on file opening).
- Word processing.
- Prepare and compare closing documents for real estate transactions.
An ideal candidate:
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Prior work as a legal secretary, administrative assistant, legal secretary internship, or has worked in a legal department or law firm preferred, but not required.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a level of a minimum of 60 wpm. Experience in a document management system and time entry system a plus.