Receptionist/Records Clerk (Part-Time Entry Level) - Ann Arbor Office, T-Th
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a part-time Receptionist/Records Clerk to join our Ann Arbor team. We are seeking talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: This is a dual role position consisting of receptionist and records clerk responsibilities which will be performed at the receptionist desk. In addition, you will maintain contact with attorneys, staff and clients, and observe confidentiality of client and firm matters.
Work Schedule/Hours: Must be able to work Tuesday and Thursday each week from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
Office Receptionist Role
- Perform all functions related to answering a multi-line telephone, greeting clients, guests and vendors, and maintain conference room schedule.
- Maintain neatness of reception and lobby area.
- Miscellaneous clerical tasks as assigned.
Records Clerk Role
- Open files, including entering information into firm’s database and physically creating files.
- Enter client and conflict data into the firm’s computer system.
- Maintain and tracks files that are checked out to staff, coordinate transfer of files with outside record storage facilities, and record maintenance of off-site files.
An ideal candidate:
- Minimum of one year of work experience in a clerical setting.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys, and staff.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to operate office equipment including phones, personal computer, and photocopy machines.
- Ability to assemble files and to file information utilizing alphabetical and numerical filing guidelines.
- Ability to work patiently and tactfully with all office personnel, in person, and via telephone and e-mail.
- Outstanding punctuality and attendance.
- Must be able to retrieve and distribute files, written documents or office supplies weighing up to 30 pounds, and ability to retrieve and replace objects from shelves up to 8 feet high.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to:
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.