Paralegal – Real Estate – Detroit Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a part-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Ann Arbor team. We are seeking talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Seeking a paralegal with at least 5 years of transactional experience in commercial finance and real estate. In this position, you will collaborate on transactions with members of the commercial real estate group, firm clients and other third parties.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- In-depth review of title commitments and recorded exceptions to title.
- Coordinate with title companies to obtain title commitments, loan policies of title insurance, and title policy endorsements.
- Review surveys and plat maps for accuracy regarding legal descriptions and title matters, including easements and encroachments.
- Coordinate with surveyors regarding survey comments.
- Order and review corporate due diligence (including UCC lien searches, entity formation documents, certificates of good standing, and litigation and bankruptcy searches).
- Analyze corporate authority documents.
- Draft documents including, but not limited to, organizational documents, amendments, title instruction letters, UCC financing statements, resolutions, closing certificates, and transfer documents.
- Assist with loan transactions, including maintenance of closing checklists, and preparing and organizing closing documents.
- Assist with post-closing matters, including filing financing statements, recording real estate documents and review of closing binders.
- Assist with the preparation and tracking of estoppels and subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements.
- Some legal research, including review of city, county and state regulations pertaining to real estate transactions.
- Categorize, index and simplify large amounts of data into succinct, understandable format.
- BA/BS degree with:
- Major or minor in paralegal studies; or
- Paralegal certificate; or
- Prior business, real estate estate or paralegal experience.
- Minimum of five years experience in corporate finance, commercial finance and/or real estate, with law firms, corporations, businesses, banks, and/or title companies.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical ability.
- Career-minded individual, with ability to follow process and strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Must be a problem solver, willing to work and think with a degree of independence, handle confidential information with discretion, and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete, timely, effective and accurate.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
For immediate consideration, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com, subject line: Real Estate Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.