Paralegal – Commercial Real Estate Finance – Troy Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Paralegal to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Primary responsibilities include:
• In-depth review of title commitments and recorded exceptions to title.
• Coordinate with title companies to obtain title commitments, loan policies of title insurance, and title policy endorsements.
• Review surveys and plat maps for accuracy regarding legal descriptions and title matters, including easements and encroachments.
• Coordinate with surveyors regarding survey comments.
• Order and review corporate due diligence (including UCC lien searches, entity formation documents, certificates of good standing, and litigation and bankruptcy searches).
• Analyze corporate authority documents.
• Draft documents including, but not limited to, organizational documents, amendments, title instruction letters, UCC financing statements, resolutions, closing certificates, and transfer documents.
• Assist with loan transactions, including maintenance of closing checklists, and preparing and organizing closing documents.
• Assist with post-closing matters, including filing financing statements, recording real estate documents and review of closing binders.
• Assist with the preparation and tracking of estoppels and subordination, non-disturbance and attornment agreements.
• Some legal research, including review of city, county and state regulations pertaining to real estate transactions.
• Categorize, index and simplify large amounts of data into succinct, understandable format.
• BA/BS degree with:
o Major or minor in paralegal studies; or
o Paralegal certificate; or
o Prior business, real estate estate or paralegal experience.
• Minimum of two years experience in corporate finance, commercial finance and/or real estate, with law firms, corporations, businesses, banks, and/or title companies.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and strong analytical ability.
• Career-minded individual, with ability to follow process and strong organization skills.
• Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
• Must be a problem solver, willing to work and think with a degree of independence, handle confidential information with discretion, and accept responsibility for producing work that is consistently complete, timely, effective and accurate.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite.
For consideration, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Commercial Real Estate Finance Paralegal.