Paralegal - Banking Practice - Detroit Office - Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Paralegal to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
- Work with firm attorneys in the Banking practice group.
- Order corporate due diligence (including UCC lien searches, formation documents, certificates of good standing, litigation searches).
- Analyze and prepare summaries of UCC lien searches, corporate formation and authority documents.
- Prepare closing certificates and resolutions for transactions, and assist with drafting of ancillary loan documents.
- Assist with loan closings.
- Assist with post-closing matters, including filing financing statements and preparation of closing binders.
- Follow practice group and team systems for file organization and indexing.
- Four year degree required, preferably in Communications, History, Political Science, Liberal Arts, Pre-Law, English or Business.
- Five years prior legal or relevant business experience required.
- A minimum of three years experience in a transactional practice (banking/finance, real estate and/or business/corporate).
- Solid computer experience in Microsoft Office products.
- Career-minded individual, with ability to follow process and strong organization skills.
- Demonstrated ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Ability to follow instruction effectively from a diverse group of attorneys.
For consideration, e-mail your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org, subject line: Paralegal.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires, and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.