Legal Secretary – Ann Arbor Office - Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Legal Secretary to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: Prepare correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observes confidentiality of client matters. Work in a collaborative team environment.
Working with us, you will:
• Work closely with attorneys and staff in a collaborative team environment.
• Prepare and proof correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents at a level of a minimum of 60 wpm; ensure that attorney time sheets are submitted timely; maintain records and filing system; and handle projects that may be complex in nature.
• Process bills; proof billing sheets; and review and edit bills.
• Set up and maintain client and firm files; manage daily mail; request conflict of interest checks; and maintain respective attorney calendars and deadline reminder systems.
• Receive clients and visitors; maintain good public relations with clients; and observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
• Work with junior and senior level attorneys.
An ideal candidate:
• Has a minimum of a high school diploma; legal secretary or administrative assistant certificate or college course work preferred.
• Has good critical thinking and analytical skills, has a proactive approach to problem solving, and is able to work effectively as part of a team.
• Some prior work as a legal secretary, administrative assistant, legal secretary internship or someone that has worked in a legal department or law firm preferred, but not required.
• Excellent drafting and proofreading abilities for law office correspondence and legal case matters, and the ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
• Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
• Experience in a document management system and time entry system a plus.
• Detailed oriented, ambitious and smart, and can anticipate what work is coming or needs to be completed.
• Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will work with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
For immediate consideration, send resume, typing speed and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.