Team Secretary – Detroit Office – Full Time
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other services.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a Team Secretary to join our us. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties for a team of attorneys to whom you are assigned according to established policies and procedures.
Working with us, you will:
- Transcribe and prepare correspondence, memoranda and other legal documents from written and oral drafts; prepare and file legal pleadings; handle projects that may be complex in nature; and maintain records and filing system.
- Work closely with administrative support staff (word processing, office services, receptionists, etc.); proofread and redline documents to ensure accuracy; and ensure that attorney time sheets are submitted timely.
- Process bills; proof billing sheets; review and edit bills.
- Request conflict of interest checks; maintain attorney calendars and deadline reminder systems.
- Maintain good public relations with clients; observe confidentiality of attorney-client relationship.
- Perform overflow work as time permits and as requested.
- Work with junior and senior level attorneys.
An ideal candidate has:
- A minimum of a high school diploma.
- 3-5 years of legal secretarial or administrative assistant experience in a banking law firm.
- Above average proofreading skills, pays close attention to detail and the ability to perform non-complex arithmetic calculations when verifying calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a minimum level of 60 wpm.
- Ability to support senior level management.
- Experience in a document management system and time entry system a plus.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Ability to anticipate what work is coming or needs to be completed.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion as you will service a partner with a diverse group of clients, attorneys and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel programs.
For immediate consideration send your resume, typing speed and salary requirements to email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.