Legal Administrative Assistant – Part Time – Ann Arbor Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and four offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a part-time Legal Administrative Assistant to join our Ann Arbor team. We are seeking talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Transcribe and type correspondence, memoranda and time records as well as perform a variety of secretarial duties according to established policies and procedures. Maintain positive contact with clients, attorneys and staff and observe confidentiality of firm and client matters.
Work Schedule/Hours: Monday through Friday from 1:30pm to 5:30pm preferred
Responsibilities and Duties:
- Answer phones for assigned attorneys.
- Assist with secretarial overflow to include:
- Create, edit, compile, print and save documents to document management system.
- Enter attorney time and assist with prebills and invoices.
- Process and open new client matters and create files.
- Other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Minimum of a high school diploma.
- Prior work as a legal secretary or administrative assistant preferred, but not required.
- Ability to transcribe legal documents, correspondence and reports from rough draft or dictation at a level of a minimum of 60 wpm.
- Experience in a document management system and time entry system a plus.
- Excellent proofreading abilities for legal documents and correspondence, and the ability to verify non-complex math calculations on forms and documents.
- Ability to take direction and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time constraints.
- Detail oriented, organized and willing to learn and take on new tasks.
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and diplomatic fashion.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word; Excel and PowerPoint experience a plus.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to: email@example.com
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.