Business Development Coordinator – Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for a talented individual who is committed to excellence and will thrive in an environment of collaboration.
SUMMARY: Under the general direction of the Director of Marketing and Business Development, implements projects and strategies that support the firm's business development and marketing efforts. In partnership with the Director and Manager, responsible for Business Development Coaching, development and execution of plans. Provides research and analysis of trends and competitive intelligence. Works directly with individual attorneys, client and industry teams, and practice groups as necessary. Maintains good working relationships with attorneys and staff. Preserves the confidentiality of client and Firm information.
- Business Development Plans: Assist with the creation and execution of business development/client development plans and ongoing coaching of individuals for client and industry teams.
- Research, Industry Trends & Analysis: Provide business, industry and competitive intelligence research on industries, companies, and competitors for client and industry teams to better position the firm, practice groups and attorneys in their business development efforts and winning work.
- Gather research and analyze it to identify new opportunities with existing clients, high growth potential clients, and new clients.
- Provide news awareness support to business development research group’s practice leads, including the monitoring of legal industry news.
- RFP, Proposal, Client Pitches/Meetings: Assist with the preparation of client pitches/meetings in the following ways
- Manage archiving and tracking of proposals and business development opportunities
- Prepare business development and marketing materials for new business opportunities
- Provide support to lawyers in the creation, preparation and coordination of RFPs/proposals/pitches for new business development tailoring the information to respond to the client needs.
- Provide background research on the client, the client’s industry and competitors
- Contact Management System and Lists: Maintain the database and all marketing related lists for communication with clients, prospects and referral sources.
- Surveys, Rankings and Award Nominations: Coordinate listing submission processes (Chambers, Lawyers Weekly, US News, etc.)
- Special Projects: Assist with targeted, strategic development ventures as well as administrative projects as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- A four year degree in business, marketing, research or a related field OR a four year degree in an unrelated field in conjunction with relevant work experience (including cooperative education and internship experience) is a minimum requirement.
- A minimum of three to five years of prior work experience in marketing, communications, research or a related field (including relevant co-op and internship experience) is required.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Self-motivation and the ability to work independently.
- Superior interpersonal skills and a professional demeanor.
- Strong computer skills. Word processing, Microsoft Suite, desktop publishing and presentation graphics (PowerPoint) skills are required.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them on time.
- Ability to proofread written materials for grammatical and spelling errors.
- Ability to work more than 35 hours per week when necessary, work irregular hours when necessary, and travel occasionally to perform the essential duties of the position.
- Ability to adhere to all general office rules and procedures.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to: Pam Iacobelli at firstname.lastname@example.org
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.