Accounting Assistant - Detroit Office
Bodman PLC is one of Michigan’s leading business law firms with more than 150 lawyers and five offices. Bodman has a diverse client base that includes individuals and businesses in a variety of industries, with emphasis on financial services, automotive, real estate and construction, high tech, manufacturing, health care, and other sectors.
Bodman PLC was named by Corp! Magazine a “Diversity-Focused Company” and we are looking for an entry level Accounting Assistant to join our team. We are seeking talented individuals who are committed to excellence and thrive in an environment of collaboration.
Job Purpose: Perform routine accounting functions to assist in an accounts payable capacity.
- Prepare and distribute daily check requests.
- Prepare and pay vendor invoices.
- Prepare and pay employee expense reimbursements
- Date entry of costs for each Firm employee (telephone/fax/copy/mileage).
- Filing of accounts payable.
- Maintain petty cash box.
- Maintain postage box.
- Back up accounts payable specialist as requested.
An ideal candidate:
- Some college course work or work experience equivalent. Previous experience in
accounting department or customer service related experience preferred.
- Must be self-motivated and results driven.
- Has sound problem solving and analytical skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize numerous tasks and complete them under time
- Excellent interpersonal skills – one who can communicate effectively in a courteous and
diplomatic fashion as you will service and partner with a diverse group of clients,
attorneys, and staff.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook.
- Ability to work quickly, efficiently and confidently without close supervision.
- Ability to work patiently and tactfully with all office personnel, both in person and by
- Ability to exercise sound discretion and use good judgment.
- Ability to adhere to all general office rules and regulations.
- Outstanding punctuality and attendance.
For immediate consideration, forward your resume and salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
Bodman PLC recruits, hires and promotes for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, gender, age, sexual orientation, handicap, or veteran status.