Mr. Hugg represents business clients in a variety of commercial transactions and intellectual property matters, including the drafting and negotiation of IP and confidentiality agreements.
While attending law school, Mr. Hugg served as Assistant Editor and Associate Editor of the Thomas M. Cooley Law Review and as Senior Editor of the Thomas M. Cooley Homeland Security Law Review. He was awarded a Certificate of Merit in a variety of areas and was on the Dean’s List and Honor Roll for the entirety of his time at law school.
Prior to joining Bodman, Mr. Hugg was independent counsel to a local law firm. Previously, he has worked at two separate courts in the state of Michigan: at the 52/2 District Court, he served as a Judicial Clerk to Judge Joseph Fabrizio; at the 52/4 District Court, he held the position of intern to Magistrate Clement Waldmann and Judge William Bolle. Before beginning his legal career, Mr. Hugg enjoyed a successful career in property management.
He is active in the Oakland County Bar Association and serves as a director of the New Lawyers Committee, as an associate member of the Inns of Court, and as a member of the Membership and Diversity Committee.
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Director, New Lawyers Committee
- Member, OCBA Inns of Court
- Member, Membership and Diversity Committee
- Author, "Use at Your Own Risk: Michigan Medical Marijuana Act Preempts Municipal Law but Federal Law Still Criminalizes under Beek v. City of Wyoming," Thomas M. Cooley Law Review (2014)
- Author, "Medtronic, Inc. v. Boston Scientific Corp.: Declaratory Judgment’s Burden on Licensee or Patentee?," Thomas M. Cooley Law Review (2013)
- Contributor, ABA Copyright Litigation Hot Topics Report (2012-2013)
- 01/24/2018Thirteen Bodman Attorneys Named to Civic, Charitable and Professional Leadership Positions
- 01/19/2018Bodman Volunteers Spend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serving the Community
- 07/19/2017ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT ALERT | The Enterprise Procurement Group Update | 18 July 2017
- 05/17/2017THE ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT GROUP UPDATE | UNCERTAINTY SURROUNDING DODD-FRANK AND OTHER REGULATIONS
- 11/30/2015Bodman PLC Welcomes Six New Attorneys
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Oakland University, B.S.