Ms. Zabriskie has significant experience representing financial institutions in the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of commercial and real estate loans, including construction and end mortgage loans, working capital arrangements, acquisition and mezzanine facilities, leveraged buyout financings, and agented and syndicated transactions.
She represents several banks in complex, multi-million dollar real estate transactions, involving retail, office, residential, apartment, health care, office, and multi-use projects located throughout the United States. Ms. Zabriskie has experience in middle market loan transactions with borrowers in the automotive, manufacturing, health care, technology, leasing, and service industries. Ms. Zabriskie also has experience in commercial and real estate workouts and restructures.
Ms. Zabriskie has also represented real estate developers and investors in commercial, industrial, and residential acquisitions, sales, developments, and financings. Her corporate experience includes mergers, acquisitions, restructures, financings, securitizations, and general corporate, partnership and limited liability matters.
Ms. Zabriskie serves on Bodman’s Executive Committee, which guides the firm’s business strategy and day to day operations, and served for many years as Co-Chair of the Banking Practice Group.
Crain's Detroit Business named Ms. Zabriskie to its inaugural class of "Notable Women Lawyers in Michigan" in 2017. She has been listed in Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business since 2006 under Banking & Finance and in The Best Lawyers in America since 2010 in the field of Banking and Finance Law. She has also been included in the Michigan Super Lawyers lists since 2007, having been selected to the Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers List in 2014, the Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers List from 2009-2015, 2017 and 2019, and the Top 25 Women Business Michigan Super Lawyers List from 2013-2015 and 2017. She is listed in IFLR1000 2019 under Banking and Finance and has been listed as a 2020 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness Magazine. Ms. Zabriskie is AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence by Martindale-Hubbell.
She is a member of the City of Birmingham Brownfield Redevelopment Authority and a former vice chairperson of the City of Royal Oak Zoning Board of Appeals. She volunteers as an attorney coach for the Mercy High School Mock Trial team.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Crain's Detroit Business "Notable Women Lawyers in Michigan," 2017
- Chambers USA 2006-2019, Banking & Finance
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2010-2020, Banking and Finance Law
- IFLR1000 2019, Banking and Finance
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2010-2018 and 2020, Banking & Financial Services Law
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2007-2019
- Top 100 Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2014
- Top 50 Women Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2009-2015, 2017, 2019
- Top 25 Women Business Michigan Super Lawyers List, 2013-2015, 2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Law Section
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- City of Birmingham Brownfield Redevelopment Authority
- Mercy High School Mock Trial Team, Attorney Coach
- 11/01/201969 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 09/06/2019Four Bodman Attorneys Named to Michigan Super Lawyers "Top 50 Women" List
- 09/03/201949 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2019
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 06/06/2019Bodman Receives Top Rankings for Banking and M&A Law in IFLR1000
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- Michigan State University, B.A., Accounting
- State Bar of Michigan