Sarah L. Cylkowski litigates complex matters in state and federal courts, with a particular focus on commercial health care disputes, class actions, e-discovery and antitrust cases. Her clients include insurance companies, banks, automotive manufacturers and various other corporate commercial litigants.
Ms. Cylkowski has developed extensive experience counseling clients through large-scale discovery, including multidistrict litigation discovery. She helps her clients navigate the preservation, collection and production of significant volumes of data while minimizing disruptions to their day-to-day business operations. In this role, Ms. Cylkowski works efficiently with her clients’ employees, experts, co-counsel and opposing counsel to streamline discovery and avoid unnecessary costs.
Ms. Cylkowski is the vice chair of Bodman's Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group.
Ms. Cylkowski dedicates her spare time to causes that impact and benefit young people. Since 2012, she has been a significant contributor to the Bodman team handling three juvenile lifer cases, which seek resentencing for Michigan inmates who had been sentenced to mandatory life without parole for crimes committed as juveniles. Her efforts to seek justice for prisoners sentenced under now-outmoded guidelines were recognized by the Detroit Bar Association, who awarded her the Barristers Pro Bono Award in 2017.
In law school, Ms. Cylkowski served as Executive Editor of the University of Michigan Journal of Law Reform and as a teaching assistant in the legal writing program. She also worked as a student attorney for the University of Michigan Child Advocacy Law Clinic and was a Bergstrom Child Welfare Law Fellow.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021, Commercial Litigation, Insurance Law
- Fellow, Detroit Bar Association, 2019
- Benchmark Litigation 2018-2020 "40 & Under Hot List"
- Michigan Rising Stars 2018-2020, Business Litigation
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2020-2021, Litigation-Insurance
- Barristers Pro Bono Award, Detroit Bar Association, 2017
- Michigan "Most Valuable Millennial," Corp! Magazine, 2015
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Detroit Bar Association Foundation, Member, Board of Trustees, 2019-present
- Federal Bar Association
- Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- Newsletter Committee, Advertising Co-Chair, 2014-2017
- Defense Research Institute
- Class Action Steering Committee, Member, 2015-2016
- Detroit Bar Association, Member
- Inforum, Member
- 02/02/2021Bodman Announces Practice Group Leadership Appointments
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 10/21/2020Bodman “Highly Recommended” in Benchmark Litigation 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 08/24/2020Eight Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with Honors
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan