Robert J. Cambridge concentrates his practice in general corporate and business law. He represents business clients in mergers and acquisitions and other complex corporate transactions.
His work often involves advising clients on general business and corporate matters, such as entity selection, formation and governance. Mr. Cambridge also has experience acting as outside general counsel in the automotive industry.
Mr. Cambridge has experience advising start-ups and early stage companies on capital raising activities and provides counsel on compliance with federal and state securities laws. His work includes fund formation and investment adviser and broker-dealer related matters.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Cambridge practiced at a business law firm in Northeast Ohio where he focused on general corporate and business law, mergers and acquisitions, and securities law. Mr. Cambridge also worked as a law clerk in the U.S. Attorney’s Office in Cleveland and as a judicial intern for the Honorable Randolph Baxter of the United State Bankruptcy Court for the Northern District of Ohio.
Mr. Cambridge is a member of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and the Detroit Economic Club. He is also an active member with the Association for Corporate Growth (Detroit Chapter), an organization for middle-market M&A deal-makers and business leaders focused on driving growth. He serves on the NextGen committee for the ACG as well as the Planning Committee for the 11th Annual Great Lakes ACG Capital Connection Conference.
Mr. Cambridge was the co-author of an article published in the Fall 2017 issue of the Michigan Business Law Journal: Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law. He has also been published twice in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal: Lifting the Ban on General Solicitation: New, Yet Uncertain Avenues for Companies to Raise Capital (January 2015) and Crowdfunding – Where’s the Crowd When you Need One? (June 2013).
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
- NextGen Committee
- 11th Annual Great Lakes ACG Capital Connection Conference, Planning Committee
- Detroit Economic Club
- Co-author, Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law, Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall 2017
- Author, Lifting the Ban on General Solicitation: New, Yet Uncertain Avenues for Companies to Raise Capital, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, January 2015
- Author, Crowdfunding - Where's the Crowd When You Need One?, Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, June 2013
- 02/06/2019Bodman Admits Five New Members
- 09/30/2017ARTICLE l Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law
- 12/12/2016Bodman Adds Three Associate Attorneys
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- State Bar of Michigan