Robert J. Cambridge concentrates his practice in general corporate and business law. He has experience representing business clients in connection with a variety of transactional matters, including mergers, acquisitions, dispositions, joint ventures and other complex corporate transactions.
Robert also counsels clients on general business and corporate matters, such as entity selection, formation and governance, and has served as outside general counsel in the automotive industry.
In addition, Robert advises start-ups and early stage companies on capital raising activities and provides counsel on compliance with federal and state securities laws. His work includes fund formation and investment adviser and broker-dealer related matters. Robert also assists clients with their reporting obligations under the Securities Exchange Act of 1934.
Robert is a member of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan and the Detroit Economic Club. He is also an active member with the Association for Corporate Growth (Detroit Chapter), an organization for middle-market M&A deal-makers and business leaders focused on driving growth. He serves on the NextGen committee for the ACG and served on the Planning Committee for the 11th Annual Great Lakes ACG Capital Connection conference.
Robert was the co-author of an article published in the Fall 2017 issue of the Michigan Business Law Journal, "Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law." He has also been published twice in the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, "Lifting the Ban on General Solicitation: New, Yet Uncertain Avenues for Companies to Raise Capital" (January 2015) and "Crowdfunding – Where’s the Crowd When You Need One?" (June 2013).
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness "Top Lawyers" 2021, Corporate Law, Securities Law
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020, Business/Corporate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Association for Corporate Growth
- NextGen Committee
- 11th Annual Great Lakes ACG Capital Connection Conference, Planning Committee
- Detroit Economic Club
- Co-author, "Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law," Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall 2017
- Author, "Lifting the Ban on General Solicitation: New, Yet Uncertain Avenues for Companies to Raise Capital," Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, January 2015
- Author, "Crowdfunding - Where's the Crowd When You Need One?," Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Journal, June 2013
- 10/30/202076 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2021
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 02/06/2019Bodman Admits Five New Members
- 09/30/2017ARTICLE l Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law
- 12/12/2016Bodman Adds Three Associate Attorneys
- Cleveland-Marshall College of Law, Cleveland State University, J.D.
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- State Bar of Michigan