Ms. Armstrong is a member of the Workplace Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in counseling and representing employers on complex compliance issues related to labor and employment laws, and has done so since 1997.
Ms. Armstrong represents management in matters involving labor and union laws, and has extensive experience counseling employers on developing legally-compliant strategies for: union avoidance/decertification; responding to union organizing drives; strike preparation and handling; promoting positive employee relations; and, collective bargaining and grievance matters. She has assisted employers ranging from 3 to 700-unit employees.
Ms. Armstrong also has extensive experience representing management in all aspects of employment law, including advising managers on compliance and defense strategies, developing legally compliant discipline and discharge plans, and defending agency charges and litigation. She has conducted compliance audits regarding wage-hour, I-9, and other employment-law compliance. Ms. Armstrong assists management in developing employer-specific agreements, employee handbooks, and employment policies.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Armstrong practiced with two highly regarded labor and employment law firms, Pilchak & Cohen, P.C. and The Fishman Group.
- Contributing author, Avoiding Employment Litigation: A Survival Guide for the Michigan Employer by Pilchak & Cohen, P.C., 2010
- Federal Contractors Beware: Prevailing Wage Coverage Modified by Department of Labor, Spreadsheet, Associated Underground Contractors, 2001
- Contributing author, Sexual Harassment Prevention: Guide for Michigan Employers, Michigan Chamber of Commerce, 1999
- Presenter, “Sexual and Other Illegal Harassment,” Lorman Educational Services (2009)
- Presenter, “Employee Handbooks,” Lorman Educational Services (2009)
- Presenter, “Wage and Hour Law Update in Michigan,” Lorman Educational Services (2007 and 2009)
- Presenter, “Wage and Hour Update in Michigan,” Lorman Education Services (2007)
- Presenter, “Family and Medical Leave Act,” Lorman Educational Services (2004 and 2005)
- Presenter, “Employment Related Records in Michigan,” Lorman Education Services (2004)
- Presenter, “Employment Related Records in Michigan,” Lorman Educational Services (2004)
- Presenter, “Employment Law from A to Z in Michigan,” Lorman Educational Services (2004)
- Presenter, “Family and Medical Leave Act Update,” Council on Education in Management (2003 and 2004)
- Presenter, “Time Off in Michigan,” Lorman Educational Services (2002 and 2003)
- 11/23/2016WHAT DOES THE TEMPORARY OVERTIME RULE INJUCTION MEAN?
- 11/22/2016BREAKING NEWS: Texas Court Grants Nationwide Injunction Blocking FLSA Overtime Changes
- 11/17/2016BREAKING NEWS: Federal Judge Permanently Blocks DOL Persuader Rule
- 01/07/2016New Michigan Minimum Wage Rates Effective as of January 2016
- 12/11/2014Bodman Welcomes Three New Attorneys
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law, J.D.
- Oakland University, B.A.