Nick McElhinny represents business and health care clients in a variety of transactional matters, including buying and selling established businesses, forming new businesses, corporate governance, regulatory compliance (including issues related to the corporate practice of medicine), and complex commercial transactions. He represents aviation clients in leasing, purchasing, operating, and selling aircraft and negotiating aviation services agreements.
Nick has also served an extended in-house assignment at a major Tier-1 automotive supplier. In that capacity, he advised on commercial and operational matters including acquisitions, purchase and supply contracts, terms and conditions, joint development agreements, and equipment purchases and sales.
Nick is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and its Business Law, Health Care Law, and Aviation Law Sections.
He attended Wayne State University Law School, where he earned numerous academic honors and awards. While attending law school, he served as managing editor and assistant editor of the Wayne Law Review and interned for a semester in the chambers of Judge Helene White of the U.S. Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2017 and 2020, Corporate Law; Mergers & Acquisitions Law
- American Health Lawyers Association
- State Bar of Michigan
- Aviation Law Section
- Business Law Section
- Health Care Law Section
- Co-Author (with Michael S. Melfi and Joseph R. Morrison Jr.), "SBA Disaster Loan Program for Michigan Business Owners," Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- Co-Author, "Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law," Michigan Business Law Journal, Fall 2017
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 02/06/2019Bodman Admits Five New Members
- 09/30/2017ARTICLE l Disclaimers of Extra-Contractual Fraud Claims in M&A Transactions Under Delaware Law
- 09/06/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | What Does The "Mega Rule" Mean For Nursing Facilities?
- 06/01/2017HEALTH CARE LAW BULLETIN | MICHIGAN SUPREME COURT STRIPS HEALTHCARE PROVIDERS OF CAUSE OF ACTION AGAINST NO-FAULT INSURERS
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude, Order of the Coif
- University of Minnesota, B.S.