Ms. Rouse-Ayoub is the Co-Chair of the Workplace Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in labor and employment law, exclusively representing management in the private and public sectors.
Ms. Rouse-Ayoub has represented employers in state and federal courts and before the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Michigan Department of Civil Rights, National Labor Relations Board, and Michigan Department of Labor & Economic Growth-Wage and Hour Division. Her litigation experience includes defending claims alleging employment discrimination on the basis of sex, race, age, national origin, sexual harassment, disability discrimination, whistle blower claims, and wrongful discharge.
She has extensive experience with employment issues unique to hospitals and health care-related entities including arbitration, professional staff privileging, and peer review issues.
Ms. Rouse-Ayoub is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016 under Employment & Labor and as a 2016 "Top Lawyer" by Dbusiness magazine.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Rouse-Ayoub was a partner at The Fishman Group, a nationally-recognized law firm that specialized in labor law, employment litigation, and employee relations matters, representing management in the private and public sectors.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2012-2016
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 04/13/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | SUPREME COURT RULES DISTRICT COURT DECISIONS ABOUT EEOC SUBPOENAS ARE ENTITLED TO DEFERENCE
- 04/05/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BREAKING NEWS: SEVENTH CIRCUIT RULES THAT TITLE VII COVERS SEXUAL ORIENTATION
- 03/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN: COURT DECLINES TO ENFORCE NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT
- 03/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN| ELEVENTH CIRCUIT RULES TITLE VII DOES NOT PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION BASED ON SEXUAL ORIENTATION
- Detroit College of Law, J.D.
- Madonna University, B.S.
- American Bar Association
- Macomb County Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA)
- State Bar of Michigan
- Wayne County Bar Association