Lindsay Cummings represents individual clients in connection with estate planning and estate administration matters including trusts, wills, powers of attorney, guardianships, conservatorships, and trust and probate administration. Her passion is to help individuals and families build sound plans that protect their loved ones from generation to generation.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Cummings worked for several highly regarded Grand Rapids-based law firms where she focused on estate planning, real estate law, and general business law. She also founded and operated her own law firm in Grand Rapids, representing individual clients in estate planning, real estate, and general business law matters. Ms. Cummings served as a Visiting Professor with Western Michigan University Cooley Law School where she taught contracts and continues to teach estate planning as an Adjunct Professor.
She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning and Young Lawyers sections), the Grand Rapids Bar Association, and the American Bar Association.
While in law school, Ms. Cummings won several academic honors, including the Jurisprudence Awards in Criminal Law Procedure and Transnational Research. As an undergraduate at Albion College, she received the Webster Scholarship for academic excellence, was a member of Kappa Alpha Theta, and was enrolled in the Gerald R. Ford Institute for Leadership in Public Policy and Service.
- State Bar of Michigan (Probate & Estate Planning and Young Lawyers Sections)
- Grand Rapids Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Presenter, “Drafting Estate Plan Documents, 28th Annual,” ICLE, January and February 2019
- Presenter, “Fundamentals of Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2018
- Presenter, “Common Issues in Estate Administration,” ICLE, October 2017
- Western Michigan University Cooley Law School
- Adjunct Professor (Estate Planning)
- Former Visiting Professor (Contracts)
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., cum laude
Albion College, B.A., magna cum laude