Ms. Lockman is a member of the Real Estate and Banking Practice Groups. She represents both buyers and sellers in connection with complex commercial and industrial real estate transactions and represents banks and other financial institutions in real estate and real estate financing transactions.
She concentrates her real estate finance practice on facilitating a variety of multi-million dollar financial arrangements secured by, or for the development or acquisition of, real estate. Such arrangements include syndicated loan transactions, mortgage warehousing lines of credit, mortgage loans, land acquisition loans and construction financing for diverse projects.
Ms. Lockman also represents clients in acquisition, disposition, and leasing of real estate with an emphasis on commercial properties such as office buildings, industrial buildings, and warehouses.
She is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2020 under Real Estate, in DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2020 under Real Estate, and in The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021 under Real Estate Law. In law school, Ms. Lockman served as Executive Editor of the Journal of Legislation. She also participated in the economic justice program at the Notre Dame legal aid clinic and served as a judicial intern for Justice Michael F. Cavanagh of the Michigan Supreme Court.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America: Ones to Watch 2021, Real Estate Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2020, Real Estate
- Michigan Rising Stars 2020, Real Estate
- CREW Michigan, Member
- Detroit Economic Club, Member
- Inforum Michigan, Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Law Section
- Young Lawyers Section
- 09/18/202056 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2020
- 08/24/2020Eight Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed In 2021 Best Lawyers: Ones to Watch
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 09/03/201949 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2019
- 02/06/2019Bodman Admits Five New Members
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A.