Ms. Hickey represents lenders in loan originations. Her practice encompasses secured transactions, loan workouts, and counseling lenders on lender liability and loan structure issues.
Ms. Hickey’s practice also includes middle market lending, asset based loans, healthcare, educational institution and religious organization financing, international lending, captive insurance financing, private lending, real estate financing, multi-rate, multi-currency loans and facilities, agented and syndicated loan facilities, and letters of credit and other liquidity facilities supporting tax exempt and industrial development bonds.
Ms. Hickey is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 under Banking and Finance Law, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 under Banking & Finance, Michigan Super Lawyers 2007 under The Top 50 Women, and Michigan Super Lawyers 2007-2016 under Banking. She is listed as a 2016 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. She is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Hickey is a member of Bodman’s Executive Committee, which manages the Firm’s day to day business affairs. She also serves on the Walsh College Foundation Board of Directors.
Before joining the Firm, Ms. Hickey clerked for the Honorable Richard M. Maher of the Michigan Court of Appeals. She has lectured for the Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education on commercial loan documentation matters.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2005-2017, Banking and Finance Law
- Chambers USA 2016, Banking and Finance
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009-2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2016
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Walsh College Foundation, Board of Directors
- Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion, Board of Directors
- 09/01/201648 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- 06/02/2016Chambers USA 2016 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
- 09/28/201551 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2015
- 09/17/2015 Forty-eight Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan