Ms. Hickey represents lenders in loan originations. Her practice encompasses secured transactions, loan workouts, and counseling lenders on lender liability and loan structure issues.
Ms. Hickey’s practice also includes middle market lending, asset based loans, healthcare, educational institution and religious organization financing, international lending, captive insurance financing, private lending, real estate financing, multi-rate, multi-currency loans and facilities, agented and syndicated loan facilities, and letters of credit and other liquidity facilities supporting tax exempt and industrial development bonds.
Ms. Hickey has been selected by Michigan Lawyers Weekly as a member of the 2017 class of Women in the Law. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2018 under Banking and Finance Law, Chambers USA: America’s Leading Lawyers for Business 2017 under Banking & Finance, Michigan Super Lawyers 2007 under The Top 50 Women, and Michigan Super Lawyers 2007-2017 under Banking. She is listed as a 2016 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. She is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Ms. Hickey is a member of Bodman’s Executive Committee, which manages the Firm’s day to day business affairs. She serves on the boards of directors of the Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion and the Walsh College Foundation. She is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the Detroit and American Bar Associations, and the Association for Corporate Growth. She is admitted to practice before the United States Court of Appeals for the Sixth Circuit.
Before joining the Firm, Ms. Hickey clerked for the Honorable Richard M. Maher of the Michigan Court of Appeals. She has lectured for the Michigan Institute of Continuing Legal Education on commercial loan documentation matters.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Lawyers Weekly 2017 Class of "Women in Law"
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2005-2018, Banking and Finance Law
- Chambers USA 2017, Banking and Finance
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009-2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Walsh College Foundation, Board of Directors
- Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion, Board of Directors
- Association for Corporate Growth
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 08/15/201746 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/07/2017Michigan Lawyers Weekly Names Kathleen O'Callaghan Hickey to 2017 Class of "Women in the Law"
- 06/07/2017Chambers USA 2017 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
- 10/01/2016Kathleen O’Callaghan Hickey Named to Michigan Roundtable for Diversity and Inclusion Board of Directors
- University of Detroit School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- Michigan State University, B.A.
- Association for Corporate Growth (ACG)
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan