Katherine Cser counsels employers on compliance with state and federal labor and employment laws and represents them in resolving a broad range of workplace disputes.
She has represented management before state and federal courts and agencies in cases involving allegations of discrimination and retaliation, violation of wage and hour and medical leave laws, and many other employment-related issues. She also represents corporate clients of all sizes in litigation involving restrictive covenants, use of intellectual property, and related tort claims, and has experience conducting anti-harassment training sessions.
Ms. Cser began her legal career in New York, where she practiced with a national labor and employment law firm. She attended Brooklyn Law School, where she received numerous academic honors including the CALI Award for Public Health & Policy and the Centennial Grant. She was also named a Prince Scholar, a Dean’s Merit Scholar, and a Joan L. Ellenbogen Memorial Scholar. She served as an Executive Board Member with the Legal Association for Women and volunteered with the Employment Rights Clinic, the Unemployment Action Center, and the Courtroom Advocates Project.
She is admitted to practice in Michigan and New York and is admitted to appear before the United States District Courts for the Eastern and Western Districts of Michigan and the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Metro New York Rising Stars 2014-2015, Employment & Labor
- Michigan Rising Stars 2016-2019, Employment & Labor
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor & Employment Law Section
- American Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association, Eastern District of Michigan Chapter
- Author, “Managing Talent in the Fluctuating Workforce,” Corp! (November 2018)
- Author, “Proposed Tip-Pooling Regulation: Impact on Restaurateurs,” American Bar Association (February 21, 2018)
- Author, “The Real Estate Industry Must Be Cautious with Social Media,” American Bar Association (August 20, 2014)
- Panelist, "TRAIN: Preparing Future Leaders," Corp! Magazine Talent Resource Conference, Livonia, Michigan (October 28, 2019)
- Presenter, "Pre-Job Qualifications - What's Really Allowed?", Original Equipment Suppliers Association Joint Environment, Health and Safety and Human Resources Council Meeting, Southfield, Michigan (February 1, 2018)
- Presenter, “Michigan Employment Law Update,” Lorman Education Services Webinar (December 18, 2017)
- 01/13/2020Workplace Law Lowdown | $76 Million Settlement Reached in Decade Long NLRB Case
- 01/03/2020Labor and Employment Attorney Katherine Cser Joins Bodman PLC
- Brooklyn Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- New York
- State Bar of Michigan