Mr. LaBelle is a member of Bodman’s Workplace Law Practice Group. He counsels public and private sector employers on employment matters and advises management on contract negotiations and other labor issues.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. LaBelle practiced with a large law firm that specialized in contract and insurance litigation in state and federal courts. His practice was focused on appellate advocacy and complex substantive motion practice. Before becoming an attorney, Mr. LaBelle worked in business development and as a branch business manager for a global car rental and fleet management company.
As an undergraduate and in law school, Mr. LaBelle earned multiple academic accolades including frequent inclusion on the Dean’s List and the MSU College of Law Jurisprudence Award for Arbitration and Labor Law. To receive the jurisprudence award, a student must earn the highest grade in the course and receive a special recommendation from the course’s professor.
Mr. LaBelle is a member of the State Bar of Michigan, the American Bar Association, and the University of Michigan Alumni Association Mentor Program. He is a certified civil mediator and is licensed to practice before the United States District Court, Eastern District of Michigan.
- 03/15/2017WORKPLACE LAW BREAKING NEWS — SEIU SHAKE-UP
- 03/09/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN: Employer Pays for Precipitous Discharge of Employee Needing FMLA Leave
- 03/02/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BE WARY OF WHISTLEBLOWERS: Claim Revived for the Second Time in Three Years
- 12/12/2016Bodman Adds Three Associate Attorneys
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., with honors
- University of Michigan, B.A., with honors
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan