Mr. Heimbuch has considerable experience in various aspects of banking law, including corporate trust law, bank regulation, and loan originations.
Mr. Heimbuch also has extensive experience in the areas of traditional labor law, negotiating labor contracts, and handling arbitration cases. He has represented large financial institutions in connection with their corporate trust business.
He has participated in numerous labor contract negotiations and has represented many clients before the National Labor Relations Board and in arbitration. He also has significant experience dealing with work stoppages, picketing, and secondary boycotts. Employers frequently seek his advice in connection with labor contract interpretations and strategy in dealing with labor unions.
Mr. Heimbuch is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2015 under Banking. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Heimbuch is a former member of the Boards of Directors of the Detroit Institute of Ophthalmology, and a former Co-Chair of the Board of Directors of the Detroit Bar Association Foundation. He currently serves on the Board of Directors of Leadership Detroit and on the Citizens Advisory Committee of Wayne County Juvenile Court and County Executive. He is Past President of the Detroit Bar Association and has served on the Board of Detroit Regional Chamber of Commerce. He has written numerous articles and given seminars and lectures on employment and labor law related issues.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2006-2015
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers," 2010
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Leadership Detroit, Board of Directors
- Wayne County Juvenile Court and County Executive, Citizens Advisory Committee
- 03/02/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BE WARY OF WHISTLEBLOWERS: Claim Revived for the Second Time in Three Years
- 11/22/2016WORKPLACE LAW ALERT BREAKING NEWS: Texas Court Grants Nationwide Injunction Blocking FLSA Overtime Changes
- 01/07/2016New Michigan Minimum Wage Rates Effective as of January 2016
- 09/28/201551 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2015
- 09/06/201253 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2012
- J.D., University of Notre Dame Law School, 1965
- B.A., University of Detroit, 1962
- Michigan, 1966
- Leadership Detroit
- American Bar Association
- State Bar of Michigan