Gregory J. Gamalski counsels individuals and public and private businesses on real estate matters involving zoning, land use, acquisition, disposition, development, financing, and property tax issues. He also represents corporate clients in a variety of general business transactions.
Mr. Gamalski has extensive experience in the real estate industry. Before joining Bodman he practiced with another Detroit-area business law firm where he led the Condominium Team and served as Vice Chair of the Real Estate Practice Group.
He is Chair-Elect of the State Bar of Michigan’s Real Property Law Section Council and a member of the section’s Continuing Legal Education Subcommittee. Mr. Gamalski has made a number of presentations on real estate topics on behalf of the State Bar of Michigan and the Institute of Continuing Legal Education. He is the author of multiple articles published in Michigan Real Property Review, most recently “A Socratic Discourse Regarding Section 67(3) On the Condominium Act and Related Philosophical Digressions” and “An Agricultural Law Analysis of Green Acres and the City: A Curly Pig Tale of a Problem.” He is also a member and past Chair of the Oakland County Bar Association’s Real Estate Committee.
Mr. Gamalski has been listed in The Best Lawyers in America and in DBusiness magazine as a “Top Lawyer” in real estate since 2012. He is Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated. He is past Chair of the Law Alumni Association and a member of the Dean’s Board of Visitors at his alma mater, the University of Detroit Mercy School of Law.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2012-2020, Real Estate
- DBusiness Magazine, "Top Lawyers" 2012-2017, Real Estate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Chair-Elect, Real Property Law Section Council
- Member, Continuing Legal Education Subcommittee
- Oakland County Bar Association
- Member and Past Chair, Real Estate Committee
- University of Detroit Mercy School of Law
- Member, Dean's Board of Visitors
- Past Chair, Law Alumni Association
- "Taking Advantage of Existing Tax Relief for Qualified Agricultural Property," Laches, Oakland County Bar Association, June/July 2017
- "Steps in Developing a Residential Site Condominium," co-presenter (with Alexandra E. Dieck), State Bar of Michigan Real Property Law Section "Groundbreaker" seminar, January 18, 2018, Birmingham Michigan
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/15/201845 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2019 Best Lawyers in America List
- 01/24/2018Thirteen Bodman Attorneys Named to Civic, Charitable and Professional Leadership Positions
- 01/19/2018Bodman Volunteers Spend Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Day Serving the Community
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- University of Detroit Mercy, J.D.
- Kalamazoo College, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan