Mr. Bowen is the co-chairperson of Bodman's Business Practice Group. He concentrates his practice in the area of general business law. He helps clients structure, negotiate, and document mergers, acquisitions, reorganizations, joint ventures, and other commercial transactions.
Mr. Bowen has extensive experience in the automotive industry where he counsels clients in all aspects of the manufacturing supply chain, including the quotation and purchase order process, general terms and conditions, supply agreements and disputes, equipment and tooling issues, bailment and consignment, warranty claims, and various other commercial issues. Mr. Bowen provides on-going general counsel support for a number of Tier 1 and Tier 2 automotive clients and has served in several on-site in-house counsel assignments with automotive suppliers during his career.
Mr. Bowen also represents clients in industries such as aviation, banking and financial services, communications and media, computing software and hardware, insurance, general merchandising, and general manufacturing.
Mr. Bowen serves on the Board of Directors and Board of Trustees, as well as Secretary of Michigan Opera Theatre. Mr. Bowen also serves on the MICHauto steering committee of the Detroit Regional Chamber. He is a member of the Troy Chamber of Commerce and the Automation Alley Consortium. Mr. Bowen is listed in DBusiness magazine as a 2020 “Top Lawyer” for Commercial and M&A Law and has earned past recognition from Michigan Rising Stars under Business/Corporate Law.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2011-2014, 2018, 2020, Corporate, Commercial, M&A
- Michigan Rising Stars 2009-2012, Business/Corporate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Detroit Regional Chamber - Member, MICHauto steering committee
- Michigan Opera Theatre, Secretary and Member, Board of Directors and Board of Trustees
- Motor City Grounds Crew, former Member, Board of Directors
- Troy Chamber of Commerce, Member
- Automation Alley Consortium, Member
- Co-Author (With Jeffrey G. Raphelson and Joseph J. Shannon), "Force Majeure/Commercial Impracticability and COVID-19: Does the pandemic crisis excuse contractual performance?," Bodman COVID-19 Response Team Update, March 2020
- 11/01/201970 Bodman Attorneys Included in DBusiness Top Lawyers 2020
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- 12/27/201363 Bodman Attorneys Named 'Top Lawyers 2014' by D Business Magazine
- 09/06/201253 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2012
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- Wayne State University, B.A., summa cum laude
- American Bar Association
- Oakland County Bar Association (OCBA)
- State Bar of Michigan