Mr. Asmar is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Practice Group. He represents clients involved in complex commercial litigation matters.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Asmar clerked for Justice Mary Beth Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court. He has also worked for a Detroit-area litigation defense firm where he participated in a variety of cases involving civil rights, employment issues, commercial disputes, municipal liability, contractual claims, and constitutional claims.
Mr. Asmar serves on the Board of Directors of the Notre Dame Club of Detroit. He is a member of Michigan State University's Michigan Political Leadership Program Class of 2015. During law school, he received the CALI Award for Torts at the University of Miami Law School, which he attended for one year before transferring to the University of Notre Dame Law School. As an undergraduate at the University of Michigan, he served as President of the Chaldean American Student Association.
Mr. Asmar is listed in Michigan Rising Stars 2019 under Business Litigation. He is the 2016 recipient of the Detroit Bar Association Barristers' Pro Bono Award. The award is given annually to an outstanding attorney who has practiced for fewer than ten years and who has made extraordinary accomplishments through his or her participation in pro bono activities.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Michigan Rising Stars 2019, Business Litigation
- Detroit Bar Association Barristers Pro Bono Award, 2016
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Notre Dame Club of Detroit, Member, Board of Directors
Iraqi Refugee Family Gains Permanent ResidencyAn Iraqi family no longer felt it was safe to remain in their home country because of their religious beliefs. After facing years of persecution, imprisonment, and even torture, the family’s patriarch earned his education and sought visas for his family, hoping to find work in the United States. The family applied for and received asylum, but hoped to earn permanent residency in the country. The process involved completing applications for each of the five family members and gathering hundreds of pages of supporting documentation. With the firm’s assistance, the family gained permanent residency.
- 09/03/201949 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2019
- 01/01/2019ARTICLE | State Court Docket Watch
- 01/24/2018Thirteen Bodman Attorneys Named to Civic, Charitable and Professional Leadership Positions
- 01/18/2018Bodman, SADO Attorneys Work Together to Promote Effective Criminal Justice
- 11/13/2017Bodman Lends a Hand at Matrix Human Services Harvest Fest
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.