Mr. Scharg is a member of the Workplace Law Practice Group. He has more than 30 years of experience in the areas of labor law, construction labor law, employment discrimination and employee relations. He has represented employers in collective bargaining, contract arbitrations, 312 arbitrations, wrongful discharge, and discrimination claims.
Mr. Scharg has served as a member of the Governor’s Coalition on Workplace Drug Abuse and has conducted many seminars for management on wrongful discharge, employment discrimination, sexual harassment, handicap discrimination, workplace misconduct, employee relations, remaining union-free, contract negotiations, family leave, and substance abuse testing. Mr. Scharg also contributes articles to professional and business publications regarding employment law issues. He is a member of the Board of Directors of the Michigan Chamber of Commerce.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Scharg was a partner at The Fishman Group, a nationally-recognized law firm that specialized in labor law, employment litigation, and employee relations matters, representing management in the private and public sectors.
Mr. Scharg serves on the Board of Directors of the Frankel Jewish Academy (FJA) in West Bloomfield. He is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers," 2010
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Frankel Jewish Academy, Board of Directors
- Michigan Chamber of Commerce, Board of Directors
- 05/18/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Beware of the Pitfalls of Unpaid Internships
- 05/18/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Michigan Court of Appeals Clarifies Right-To-Work Rights
- 05/08/2017WORKPLACE LAW ALERT | AMERICAN HEALTH CARE ACT PASSES HOUSE - WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR EMPLOYERS?
- 04/28/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | THE BILL O'REILLY TEACHING FACTOR
- 04/28/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | MEDICAL RESIDENT CAN SUE FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT UNDER TITLE IX
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, B.A., with high distinction
- State Bar of Michigan