Danielle Lester is a senior associate in the Workplace Law Practice Group. She concentrates her practice in labor and employment law, exclusively representing management in the private and public sectors.
Ms. Lester practices in the areas of labor and employment law on behalf of private and public sector employers. She has extensive experience with representing employers in unfair labor practice charges before the National Labor Relations Board, negotiating Union contracts, advocating for employers in arbitrations, and advising employers on many day-to-day labor issues. She also has substantial experience in training employers on collective bargaining rights and obligations, such as Union requests for information, disciplinary issues, and Union security clauses. Drawing from her prior experience, Ms. Lester is particularly apt at maximizing solutions that protect business interests and labor relationships.
Ms. Lester also represents employers in litigation filed in both state and federal courts, as well as in administrative proceedings before tribunals such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, the Michigan Department of Civil Rights, and the Ohio Civil Rights Commission. In addition to counseling employers on various employment matters, such as compliance with the Family and Medical Leave Act and the Americans with Disabilities Act, Ms. Lester has drafted and reviewed workplace rules, personnel policies, and employee handbooks.
Ms. Lester has twice been selected as a Michigan Super Lawyers “Rising Star.” Prior to joining Bodman, Ms. Lester worked on the labor relations staff of a large automotive company where she had responsibility for, among other things, National Labor Relations Board matters, arbitrations, and contract negotiations.
Ms. Lester currently serves as a Council member of the Labor and Employment Law Section of the State Bar of Michigan.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- "Rising Stars," Michigan Super Lawyers
- State Bar of Michigan
- Labor and Employment Law Section, Council Member, 2016-present
- 05/18/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Beware of the Pitfalls of Unpaid Internships
- 05/18/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Michigan Court of Appeals Clarifies Right-To-Work Rights
- 05/08/2017WORKPLACE LAW ALERT | AMERICAN HEALTH CARE ACT PASSES HOUSE - WHAT DOES IT MEAN FOR EMPLOYERS?
- 04/28/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | THE BILL O'REILLY TEACHING FACTOR
- 04/28/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | MEDICAL RESIDENT CAN SUE FOR SEXUAL HARASSMENT UNDER TITLE IX
- University of Maryland School of Law, J.D.
- Michigan State University, M.B.A.
- University of Michigan, B.A., with distinction
- State Bar of Michigan