Daniel J. Canine concentrates his practice in the structuring, negotiation, documentation, and closing of equipment finance transactions.
He represents banks and equipment finance companies on equipment loan and lease originations, leveraged leases, lease acquisitions, and sales and remarketing of off lease equipment for a variety of assets including mining equipment, aircraft, railcars, machine tooling, healthcare equipment, and information technology assets.
He also represents banks and equipment finance companies in connection with establishing financing, vendor and referral programs, and developing standard equipment finance documentation.
Mr. Canine previously worked as in-house counsel for a large international bank and its equipment finance division and continues to provide in-house counsel services to equipment finance companies.
He also works on single and multi-bank real estate and other secured financing transactions, receivable purchases, and workout and restructuring transactions.
Mr. Canine is a recipient of the Legal Aid and Defender Association's Pro Bono Service Award. In law school, he participated in the Legal Assistance for Urban Communities Clinic, providing legal and technical assistance to Detroit community-based organizations predominantly involved in the development of affordable public housing.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Legal Aid and Defender Association, Pro Bono Service Award
Mr. Canine's recent transactions include:
- $10,000,000 line of credit secured by equipment leases and related assets
- $40,000,000 sale of leveraged leases
- $70,000,000 acquisition of equipment lease portfolio
- $17,000,000 sale of aircraft and related lease
- $5,000,000 acquisition of operating lease for motor vehicles
- $4,000,000 acquisition of finance lease for IT equipment
- $7,000,000 acquisition of operating leases for medical equipment
- $10,000,000 acquisition of finance lease for IT equipment
- $5,500,000 sale lease back for machine tooling assets
- $4,000,000 loan secured by aircraft
- $15,000,000 secured by oil drilling assets
- Documentation of vendor financing program
- Documentation of minority supplier financing program
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D.
- Michigan State University, James Madison College, with honors, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan