Mr. Anderson is a founding member of Bodman’s Enterprise Procurement Group.
Mr. Anderson has negotiated thousands of agreements with a multitude of vendors representing billions of dollars in spend. He represents clients in a broad range of commercial transactions, including business process and information technology outsourcing arrangements, commercial and governmental debit card programs, and manufacturing, procurement, and supply arrangements. He helps clients appropriately structure all forms of commercial contracts, ensuring that the client's risks are mitigated, that the contract contains appropriate remedies for the client, and that the client secures the best possible financial terms. He serves clients in a range of industries, with a particular focus on financial services, construction, automotive, and healthcare.
Mr. Anderson also represents clients in intellectual property matters, including drafting technology development and license agreements (including Internet web site development and hosting agreements), providing advice on Internet security issues, preparing general service agreements, and counseling on trademark matters.
He frequently advises clients regarding intellectual property issues arising in the workplace, such as non-competition and non-solicitation issues, ownership of intellectual property, and policies for the use of e-mail, the Internet, and other information technology. He has experience in general commercial litigation and participates in litigation related to intellectual property disputes.
Mr. Anderson represents franchisors in the development of Uniform Franchise Offering Circulars (UFOCs) and franchise agreements. He also reviews and negotiates UFOCs and franchise agreements on behalf of franchisees. He assists in the enforcement of franchise agreements and provides general advice in matters involving franchise and commercial law.
He helps clients negotiate production and services agreements for television series, documentaries, commercials, and other video and multi-media productions.
He has lectured on various procurement topics to the State Bar of Michigan, the Michigan Bankers Association, the Lansing Advertising Club, the University of Michigan, Michigan State University College of Law, Automation Alley, and the Institute for Continuing Legal Education. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan Arts, Communication, Entertainment and Sports Section and an inactive member of the State Bar of Illinois. Mr. Anderson is admitted to practice before the United States District Courts for the Eastern District of Michigan and the Northern District of Illinois. He has been recognized multiple times by Michigan Super Lawyers under Intellectual Property and as a Top Lawyer by DBusiness magazine.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Anderson worked for the world's largest consulting firm where he served as an attorney in technology related areas.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2011-2013, 2016
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2007-2017
- State Bar of Michigan
- Arts, Communication, Entertainment, and Sports Section
- Current Trends in Intellectual Property and Enforcement, Intellectual Property Law 2008– Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year, Aspatore Books
- The Broadening and Strengthening of IP Rights, Intellectual Property Law 2007: Top Lawyers on Trends and Key Strategies for the Upcoming Year, Aspatore Thought Leadership, Aspatore Books
- Educating a New Client: An Overview of Intellectual Property Issues, Developing an Intellectual Property Strategy for your Company (2005)
- Federal Trademark Registration of Your Company Name, Corp! Magazine
- Panel Member, Technology Center Client Selection Process, Automation Alley
Representative Reported Cases
- Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith Inc. v. Ran, 67 F. Supp. 2d 764 (E.D. Mich. 1999). Successful representation of an investment firm, who filed motions for a temporary restraining order and a preliminary injunction against former employee stockbrokers who left overnight to work for a competitor and absconded with confidential information of more than 2,800 clients and planned to solicit them for their business in violation of their employment agreements.
- 09/06/201750 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2017
- 07/26/2017Bodman PLC and Susan M. Kornfield Recognized for Trademark Law Excellence by Managing Intellectual Property
- 07/19/2017ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT ALERT | The Enterprise Procurement Group Update | 18 July 2017
- 05/17/2017THE ENTERPRISE PROCUREMENT GROUP UPDATE | UNCERTAINTY SURROUNDING DODD-FRANK AND OTHER REGULATIONS
- 09/01/201648 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016
- University of Illinois Law School, J.D.
- Baylor University, B.B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)