Mr. Attar is a member of the firm’s Tax Practice Group. He represents corporate clients, including S corporations, partnerships, and nonprofits, on tax planning and compliance, the tax aspects of reorganizations and transactions, and other federal and Michigan tax matters.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Attar was an attorney in the tax department of a global accounting firm. His diverse business background includes experience as a tax intern with a major accounting firm, a transfer pricing intern with a large industrial company, and an intern involved in various aspects of real estate finance and management.
While at Wayne State University Law School, Mr. Attar earned a State Bar of Michigan award for Excellence in the Study of Taxation. He was President of the Business Law Society and founded the Transactional Law Team. Mr. Attar served as a student attorney with the Advanced Business Law Clinic where he advised startup businesses on entity selection, drafted formation documents, and prepared applications for 501(c)(3) status.
Mr. Attar serves on the State Bar of Michigan's Aviation Law Section Council and is a member of the Young Tax Lawyers Committee.
- 02/08/20182018 Tax Reform Update | Understanding the New "Qualified Business Income Deduction"
- 02/02/20182018 Tax Reform Update | Understanding the Changes Affecting Tax-Exempt Organizations
- 08/15/2017Bodman Volunteers Help Life Remodeled Beautify Detroit
- 12/12/2016Bodman Adds Three Associate Attorneys
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, Stephen M. Ross School of Business, B.B.A.