Ms. Hathaway is a Senior Associate in Bodman's Detroit office with varied experience representing clients in complex business litigation. Her clients include financial institutions, insurance companies, and other businesses of all sizes. She is a member of the Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution, Insurance, and Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation practice groups.
Her litigation experience includes a broad range of commercial and business disputes including contract disputes, lender liability claims, breach of warranty claims, insurance coverage and claims litigation, and ERISA disputes. She also defends financial institutions against quiet title actions, claims for fraud, wrongful foreclosure claims, and other real property disputes. In addition, Ms. Hathaway is a member of Bodman’s Intellectual Property and Brand Protection team and has experience helping companies enforce their intellectual property rights against infringers through patent and trademark litigation.
Before joining Bodman, Ms. Hathaway worked at a metro Detroit-area criminal defense firm, where she primarily represented clients in misdemeanor and felony criminal cases. Based on that experience, while at Bodman, Ms. Hathaway served as Assistant City Attorney for the City of Grosse Pointe Park, Michigan, where she prosecuted criminal misdemeanors, city code violations, and traffic violations.
Ms. Hathaway was a Dean’s Scholar at Wayne State University Law School. She served as associate editor and assistant editor of The Wayne Law Review and worked as a student attorney for the Wayne State Law School Criminal Appellate Practice Clinic. She served as an intern to Justice Marilyn Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court and as an intern with the Wayne County Prosecutor’s Office.
Ms. Hathaway serves on the board of the Detroit Bar Association’s Barristers Section, where she is involved in planning community outreach programs for students at Detroit Public Schools including Law Day.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Barrister of the Year, Detroit Bar Association, 2017
- Detroit Bar Association, Member
- Barristers Section, Board Member
- School Partnership Program Committee, Chair, 2016-2017
- Secretary, 2017-2018
- Barristers Section, Board Member
- Women’s Lawyers Association of Michigan, Member
- State Bar of Michigan
- Litigation Section, Member
- Real Property Section, Member
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Huntington’s Disease Society of America, Michigan Chapter
- Co-chair Hope for Huntington’s, 2013-2016
- University of Michigan Gerald R. Ford School of Public Policy, Alumni Board Member
- Co-Author, "Sixth Circuit," chapter in ERISA Survey of Federal Circuits, 2016 Edition (Brooks R. Magratten, ed., American Bar Association)
- Author, "Socially Networked Jurors Raise Concerns: Empanelling Anonymous Juries to Protect The Defendant’s Right to a Fair Trial," 57 Wayne L. Rev. 557 (2011)
- 07/21/2017Bodman Attorneys Honored By Detroit Bar Association Barristers
- 04/21/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | APRIL 21, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 03/20/2017EMPLOYEE BENEFITS SUMMARY REPORT | MARCH 20, 2017: Here's What You Need to Know in the World of Employee Benefits and Executive Compensation
- 04/18/2013PRO BONO PORTRAIT | Bodman Attorneys Help the Homeless Resolve their Legal Impediments
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.