Brent Scott is a member of Bodman’s Workplace Law Group and Litigation and Alternative Dispute Resolution Group. He concentrates his practice on advising and representing companies in all aspects of employment, labor, and general business law matters across multiple industries.
Mr. Scott has litigated an array of employment matters in state and federal courts throughout Michigan at both the trial and appellate levels in areas involving discrimination, retaliation, harassment, Michigan’s Whistleblower Protection Act, and wrongful discharge. This representation has resulted in dispositive relief and favorable settlements for many clients.
Before joining Bodman’s Grand Rapids office in 2019, Mr. Scott worked for an Oakland County litigation defense firm where he represented corporations, insurers, and municipalities in cases involving civil rights, employment issues, police liability, construction site injuries, automobile negligence, premises liability, commercial disputes, contractual claims, and insurance coverage. Early in his career, Mr. Scott clerked for the Michigan Attorney General’s Office in the Corrections Division, defending Department of Corrections employees named as defendants in civil rights law suits.
He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan (Labor and Employment, Litigation, Negligence, and Young Lawyers sections) and is admitted to practice before the U.S. District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan and Sixth Circuit Court of Appeals.
- 01/24/2020Bodman Year in Review - 2019 Edition
- 01/16/2020Workplace Law Lowdown | The DOL Unveils Significant Revisions to the FLSA's Joint Employer Rule
- 10/01/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | PWDCRA Assessment of Essential Functions and Reasonable Accommodations Given Physical Examination Requirement
- 09/25/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Unveils Significant Revisions to Federal Overtime Laws, Increasing Salary Threshold to $35,568
- 05/02/2019Workplace Law Lowdown | DOL Provides New Insight on Employee vs. Independent Contractor Classification, Just As Michigan AG Launches Payroll Fraud Enforcement Unit
- Michigan State University College of Law, J.D., magna cum laude
Michigan State University, B.A.
- State Bar of Michigan