Ms. Sherr represents financial institutions in lending transactions, including the structuring, negotiation, and documentation of commercial and real estate facilities.
She has particular expertise in asset-based loan originations, including loans secured by aircraft, acquisition financing, construction and land development loans, end mortgage loans, and multi-currency, multi-rate loans. She also advises financial institutions on lender liability issues.
Ms. Sherr has significant experience in transactions involving commercial, corporate and private aircraft and businesses involved in the aviation industry. For example, she represented the agent bank in a syndicated credit facility to a firm that buys, sells, and leases aircraft and aircraft engines. She also structured major credit facilities for a commercial airline and a major cargo carrier on behalf of the lending institution and has represented lenders in numerous transactions involving the acquisition of private and corporate aircraft.
Ms. Sherr is listed in The Best Lawyers in America® 2020 under Banking and Finance. She received the Distinguished Service Award from the Barristers of the Detroit Bar Association in 2000. In law school, Ms. Sherr served as note and comment editor of the Wayne Law Review.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2020, Banking and Finance
- Detroit Bar Association, Barristers of the Distinguished Service Award, 2000
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/15/201816 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Banking and Finance Categories in The Best Lawyers in America 2019®
- 08/15/201845 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2019 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/15/201746 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2018 Best Lawyers in America List
- 03/11/2015Bodman PLC Forms Aviation Law and Finance Practice Group
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, with distinction, B.A.
- American Bar Association
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- State Bar of Michigan