Ms. Bowman has had a significant amount of experience acting both as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in a number of bond transactions, both at the state and local levels.
She has acted as bond counsel for regional wastewater treatment and other systems, and represented the owners of a $230 million racetrack in Kansas City, Missouri in connection with bond financing for the facility.
Ms. Bowman represents clients in securities law matters, including the preparation of registration statements and proxy statements, and private placements. She has also counseled clients on compliance with federal and state securities laws with respect to a variety of matters, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private investment companies, acquisitions and mergers. She counsels officers and directors of public companies regarding compliance with their reporting and other requirements under the federal securities laws, including corporate governance requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Ms. Bowman was lead securities counsel for a Michigan corporation in connection with a going private transaction, and also handled the securities and corporate law aspects of the conversion of a public corporation into a private limited liability company. She handled a registered secondary offering for an investment company.
Ms. Bowman regularly consults with public companies, investment companies, and investment advisers regarding the securities and corporate law aspects of their businesses. She has assisted businesses with offerings of debt securities and other private placements.
The Best Lawyers in America named Ms. Bowman the 2019 Troy "Lawyer of the Year" for Banking & Finance. She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2020 under Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets and is listed as a 2018 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine for Banking & Financial Services, Municipal, and Securities. She is AV Preeminent® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019 Troy "Lawyer of the Year," Banking and Finance.
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2020, Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2010, 2012-2018, Banking & Financial Services, Municipal, and Securities
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Taxation Section
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Detroit Bar Association Foundation, Past Co-Chair, Board of Directors
- Michigan Women in Finance, Past President, Board of Directors
- 08/15/201948 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2020 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/27/2018Five Bodman PLC Attorneys Named 2019 Lawyers of the Year by The Best Lawyers in America
- 08/15/201816 Bodman PLC Attorneys Listed in Banking and Finance Categories in The Best Lawyers in America 2019®
- 08/15/201845 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2019 Best Lawyers in America List
- 11/09/201765 Bodman Attorneys Named “Top Lawyers 2018” by DBusiness Magazine
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, A.M.L.S.
- University of Michigan, A.B.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- Michigan Women in Finance