Ms. Bowman has had a significant amount of experience acting both as bond counsel and underwriter’s counsel in a number of bond transactions, both at the state and local levels.
She has acted as bond counsel for regional wastewater treatment and other systems, and represented the owners of a $230 million racetrack in Kansas City, Missouri in connection with bond financing for the facility.
Ms. Bowman represents clients in securities law matters, including the preparation of registration statements and proxy statements, and private placements. She has also counseled clients on compliance with federal and state securities laws with respect to a variety of matters, including initial public offerings, secondary offerings, private investment companies, acquisitions and mergers. She counsels officers and directors of public companies regarding compliance with their reporting and other requirements under the federal securities laws, including corporate governance requirements under the Sarbanes-Oxley Act of 2002.
Ms. Bowman was lead securities counsel for a Michigan corporation in connection with a going private transaction, and also handled the securities and corporate law aspects of the conversion of a public corporation into a private limited liability company. She handled a registered secondary offering for an investment company.
Ms. Bowman regularly consults with public companies, investment companies, and investment advisers regarding the securities and corporate law aspects of their businesses. She has assisted businesses with offerings of debt securities and other private placements.
She is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 under Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets and is listed as a 2017 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. She is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2013-2017; Banking and Finance, Municipal, and Securities/Capital Markets
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2010, 2012-2017
- Martindale-Hubbell® AV Preeminent® Peer Rated for Highest Level of Professional Excellence; Endorsed for High Ethical Standing
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Taxation Section
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- Detroit Bar Association Foundation (Co-Chair, Board of Directors)
- 11/17/201627 Bodman Attorneys named “Top Lawyers 2017” by DBusiness Magazine
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- 09/17/2015 Forty-eight Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2016
- 09/03/201446 Bodman Attorneys Listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2015
- 12/27/201363 Bodman Attorneys Named 'Top Lawyers 2014' by D Business Magazine
- Wayne State University Law School, J.D., magna cum laude
- University of Michigan, A.M.L.S.
- University of Michigan, A.B.
- State Bar of Michigan
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- Michigan Women in Finance