Mr. Spilkin serves as primary real estate counsel for large corporate clients, particularly those in the automotive industry, in matters involving the purchase of real estate for development, the sale of excess real estate, and their general day-to-day real estate activities.
His real estate practice also includes the representation of buyers, sellers and developers in commercial, industrial and residential purchases and sales ranging from single family homes to multi-million dollar complex transactions. He has significant experience drafting and negotiating commercial and residential leases and subleases for both landlords and tenants, including leases and ground leases for office, retail, and manufacturing space, as well as cell tower leases. Mr. Spilkin also represents owners and developers in construction projects and represents landlords and tenants in lease disputes.
Mr. Spilkin’s banking practice focuses on the representation of lenders and borrowers in real estate financing transactions, including mortgage, land development, and construction lending for all types of commercial and residential projects.
Mr. Spilkin is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2017 under Real Estate Law, in Michigan Super Lawyers 2008 as a Rising Star under Real Estate, in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016 under Real Estate, and in Chambers USA: America's Leading Lawyers for Business 2016 under Real Estate. He is listed as a 2017 "Top Lawyer" by DBusiness magazine. Mr. Spilkin is AV® Peer Review Rated by Martindale-Hubbell.
Mr. Spilkin is immediate past President of CoreNet Global’s Michigan Chapter. He serves on the Salvation Army Advisory Council for the Southeast Michigan Adult Rehabilitation Center and on the Board of Trustees of Temple Kol Ami.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2009-2017, Real Estate Law
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009-2017
- Michigan Super Lawyers, 2013-2016
- Chambers USA, 2016
- "Rising Star," Michigan Super Lawyers, 2008
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Real Property Law Section
Civic, Cultural and Community Activities
- CoreNet Global, Michigan Chapter, President
- Southeast Michigan Adult Rehabilitation Center, Salvation Army Advisory Council Member
- Temple Kol Ami, Board of Trustees
- 11/17/201627 Bodman Attorneys named “Top Lawyers 2017” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/01/201648 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2016
- 08/16/201642 Bodman Attorneys Named to 2017 Best Lawyers in America List
- 06/02/2016Chambers USA 2016 Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Business Law Firms
- 04/28/2016Andrew Z. Spilkin Named President of CoreNet Global Michigan Chapter
- University of Michigan Law School, J.D., cum laude
- University of Michigan, BBA, with high distinction
- State Bar of Michigan