Mr. Curoe concentrates his practice primarily in representing high net worth individuals in estate planning, tax matters and business ventures. He specializes in helping wealthy individuals and business owners protect their assets, grow their businesses, and preserve a legacy for their families and charitable interests. Mr. Curoe also represents financial institutions and individual trustees on trust administration and litigation matters.
He is the chair of Bodman's High Net Worth Practice Group. Mr. Curoe is a member of the Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit. He is admitted to practice before the United States Tax Court and the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan. He is a member of the State Bar of Michigan and the Detroit Bar Association.
Mr. Curoe is listed in Chambers HNW as one of Michigan's leading lawyers for Private Wealth Law. He is listed in The Best Lawyers in America 2019 under Trusts and Estates and is listed as a 2019 “Top Lawyer” by DBusiness magazine. Mr. Curoe is listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2018 under Estate Planning & Probate.
Mr. Curoe has served in leadership positions with several nonprofit and charitable organizations. He currently serves on the Board of Trustees of the Archdiocese of Detroit Endowment Foundation, on the Detroit Athletic Club Finance Committee, and on the Michigan Bankers Association Trust Counsel Committee. He is a member of Leadership Detroit XXIX and a 2010 Co-Chair of the Tigers Fundraiser Committee for Loyola High School. He is a former Chairman of the Board of Directors for Matrix Human Services.
Honors, Awards, and Recognition
- Chambers HNW 2018-2019, Private Wealth Law
- The Best Lawyers in America® 2019, Trusts & Estates
- DBusiness Magazine "Top Lawyers" 2009, 2011-2019, Tax Law, Trusts and Estates
- Michigan Super Lawyers 2018, Estate & Probate
Civic, Cultural, and Community Activities
- Archdiocese of Detroit Endowment Foundation, Board of Trustees
- Detroit Athletic Club Finance Committee
- Michigan Bankers Association Trust Counsel Committee
- Leadership Detroit XXIX, Graduate
- State Bar of Michigan
- Business Law Section
- Probate and Estate Planning Section
- Taxation Section
- 07/15/2019Chambers High Net Worth Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Firms for Private Wealth Law
- 11/01/201842 Bodman Attorneys named to “Top Lawyers 2019” by DBusiness Magazine
- 09/10/201853 Bodman Attorneys Listed in Michigan Super Lawyers 2018
- 08/15/201845 Bodman PLC Attorneys Named to 2019 Best Lawyers in America List
- 08/02/2018Chambers High Net Worth Recognizes Bodman as One of Michigan’s Top Private Wealth Law Firms
- University of Notre Dame Law School, J.D.
- Mitchell Hamline School of Law, LL.M., Taxation
- University of St. Thomas, B.A., Finance, magna cum laude
- State Bar of Michigan
- Leadership Detroit
- Detroit Bar Association (DBA)
- Financial and Estate Planning Council of Metropolitan Detroit