Mr. Graves is the Co-Chair of the Workplace Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice in labor and employment law.
He represents and counsels private and public employers in industries ranging from raw materials to software development. Mr. Graves's expertise includes handling complex traditional labor issues, including union organizing, labor contract negotiations, grievance administration, restructuring/relocation of unionized businesses and handling unfair labor practice charges, under both the NLRA and RLA. On a daily basis, Mr. Graves handles a broad spectrum of employment matters such as pre-hire screening, discrimination, harassment, wage-hour, policy administration, substance abuse, FMLA, discipline, whistleblower, retaliation, discharge, and plant closings/reductions in force. Mr. Graves is also experienced in the professional staff privileging and peer review issues unique to the health care industry.
Licensed to practice in both Illinois and Michigan, Mr. Graves represents employers in courts and before various state and federal agencies, including the EEOC, IDHR, MDCR, MERC, and NLRB. Mr. Graves frequently presents seminars and provides training on labor and employment issues for industry groups, human resources associations, and individual employers.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Graves practiced at a local law firm specializing in labor and employment matters. In law school, he served as articles editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business. He was also a recipient of the James B. Angell Scholar Award at the University of Michigan.
- 08/10/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Massachusetts Medical Marijuana User's Disability Discrimination Claim Reinstated
- 07/27/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Seeks Public Input On Rules Governing FLSA Exemptions
- 07/13/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | DOL Posits Texas Court Erred in Ruling DOL Lacked Authority to Set Minimum Salary for Exempt Employees
- 06/29/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Dealing With "Me" In The Workplace
- 06/29/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | Opinion Letters Are Back
- Northwestern University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- State Bar of Michigan