Mr. Graves is the Co-Chair of the Workplace Law Practice Group. He focuses his practice in labor and employment law.
He represents and counsels private and public employers in industries ranging from raw materials to software development. Mr. Graves's expertise includes handling complex traditional labor issues, including union organizing, labor contract negotiations, grievance administration, restructuring/relocation of unionized businesses and handling unfair labor practice charges, under both the NLRA and RLA. On a daily basis, Mr. Graves handles a broad spectrum of employment matters such as pre-hire screening, discrimination, harassment, wage-hour, policy administration, substance abuse, FMLA, discipline, whistleblower, retaliation, discharge, and plant closings/reductions in force. Mr. Graves is also experienced in the professional staff privileging and peer review issues unique to the health care industry.
Licensed to practice in both Illinois and Michigan, Mr. Graves represents employers in courts and before various state and federal agencies, including the EEOC, IDHR, MDCR, MERC, and NLRB. Mr. Graves frequently presents seminars and provides training on labor and employment issues for industry groups, human resources associations, and individual employers.
Before joining Bodman, Mr. Graves practiced at a local law firm specializing in labor and employment matters. In law school, he served as articles editor of the Northwestern Journal of International Law & Business. He was also a recipient of the James B. Angell Scholar Award at the University of Michigan.
- 04/13/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | SUPREME COURT RULES DISTRICT COURT DECISIONS ABOUT EEOC SUBPOENAS ARE ENTITLED TO DEFERENCE
- 04/05/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | BREAKING NEWS: SEVENTH CIRCUIT RULES THAT TITLE VII COVERS SEXUAL ORIENTATION
- 03/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN: COURT DECLINES TO ENFORCE NON-COMPETE AGREEMENT
- 03/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN| ELEVENTH CIRCUIT RULES TITLE VII DOES NOT PROHIBIT DISCRIMINATION BASED ON SEXUAL ORIENTATION
- 03/31/2017WORKPLACE LAW LOWDOWN | FTC AND DOJ CAUTION HR PROFESSIONALS TO WATCH OUT FOR ANTITRUST VIOLATIONS
- Northwestern University Law School, J.D.
- University of Michigan, B.A.
- Illinois State Bar Association (ISBA)
- State Bar of Michigan